Monday, January 17, 2011

Downtown

Another 3 day weekend! This is the third one in a row!
We shot these pictures in the lovely downtown area. It's full of artsy buildings, crazy colors, and great places to take pictures. 



I love downtown... people dress up (like me) just to go shopping or go to lunch. But isn't that how it's supposed to be?! Everywhere else girls just wear t-shirts and jogging shorts with Uggs. 
Downtown is quirky and colorful...we just wandered behind an old building that had great walls to shoot in front of.




In my perfect world, the 30s and 40s would make a complete comeback. Guys would wear fedoras and suspenders and suits all the time and girls would curl their hair and wear nice dresses with pumps...sigh!
Oh well...today's styles are good, too.
Speaking of that, I watched the Golden Globes last night... half for the fashion and half for the films. I would have to say that my favorites for fashion were Olivia Wilde, Carrie Underwood, Scarlett Johansson (if her dress didn't have sleeves), Sofia Vergara, and Catherine Zeta-Jones. 



Isn't the random blue tarp great? It was just hanging off the side of this wonderful graffiti-covered building. 



By the way, please leave comments or email me to tell me what you think! Also, leave a link for your blog (if you have one),I'd love to check it out.


(Dress: Nordstrom's. Necklace: F21.)

4 comments:

blorange dice said...

oh, i love these pictures!! the colors are so lovely.

Prutha said...

love the necklace

blorange dice said...

well, of course!! your blog is wonderful. one of my best friends is half iranian as well!

Maria E. said...

Love your blog! :)

The location in these pictures is really artistic and I love the way the blue hang-drop in the 8th photo really makes the blue in your dress pop out. :)

-- Maria
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

01 09 10