Monday, February 21, 2011

New Orleans

Last weekend my family went to New Orleans for my cousin's engagement party! It was so sweet and a lot of fun. After the party my parents, my cousin, her fiance, and I went to Audubon Park for a kind of double photo session. 
The park is so beautiful!! Huge, towering trees, a lake, fountains, people walking, riding bikes, and having picnics. It was the first warm day in a long time! 



See what I mean about a beautiful park?!
I decided to fool around with a few of these pictures, instead of having them all in regular color. 
We walked across the park to a little horse-drawn cart that was selling something called "Roman Chewing Candy". We had no idea what that was, but the cart would make good pictures, so I went and bought some.



...turns out it was taffy! It was quite good, except that I almost pulled my teeth out trying to chew it :)

 




I've done it again... and by that I mean worn the same socks and shoes about 100 times! I have a ton of shoes, but I keep wearing these because they go with everything! I will not wear them again for a while. I promise :) 

 
Just chillin' with a random statue...:) Everything is covered with Mardi Gras beads in New Orleans - they never really go away!


Walking back through the park, we met Billy the (girl) puppy! I had to stop and say hello.
Also on the way back, I saw a lamppost in the middle of the trees, and, of course, I had to pull a Gene Kelly:


Teehee, well, that was my New Orleans trip! Once again, I have a three day weekend! Thank you presidents! :)



(Shirt - I made it myself! Skirt - Antrho. Shoes and hat - Dillard's.)
 

11 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun! New Orleans is on my list of places to see at some point in my life ;)
You always take the most beautiful pictures!! By the way, I absolutely love the Roman candy cart pulled by a horse? How wicked sweet is that! :D

~Lauren :)

TC said...

Such wonderful pictures! I love that skirt soooo much.

treschiccs.blogspot.com

Maria E. said...

Beautiful pics! That park is absolutely lovely; it looks so pretty and warm it's making me wish I was down south instead of up north. :) And I looove your hat! :)

-- Maria E.
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

Sassy said...

Wonderful post :D. I like this blog :)
Follow me? I'll follow you too.
Alla Moda e con Stile

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

great skirt. x


p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a $50 giftcard to PTAK apparel if you'd like to check it out. :) x
devorelebeaumonstre.com

N.V said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!
XX

augustalolita said...

beautiful photos <3 and wonderful outfit :)

blorange dice said...

ohh my gosh, these are unbelievably wonderful. i went to new orleans in january, and i really liked it! we spent most of our time in the french quarter where we were staying. love your skirt! and hat. and bow... (:

blorange dice said...

p.s. i'm linking you on my blogroll! i always love your posts

lindsey lowe said...

i love audubon park... you look super chic. love the hat!

hereinaustralia said...

I LUV YOUR DRESS! YOU HAVE NICE EYES!

01 09 10