Friday, March 18, 2011

Kaleidoscope Heart



Happy late St. Patrick's Day, everybody!
This top is the first of my thrifting finds. It's so 60s - I felt like Samantha from Bewitched...

...and Nancy Drew! I just thought a Nancy Drew book would go well with this outfit. I have a ton of those books...they're all pretty much the same, but they're like potato chips. You can't just read one. I read them all the time when I was younger!
But while we're on that topic, does anyone else feel a little annoyed at Nancy's never-ending perfection? I mean, is there anything that doesn't end perfectly for her? I don't know about you, but I think George was pretty cool. She and Bess never got the spotlight...so sad! ;)





We took these pictures near my house, by a little creek. Isn't the light beautiful?! No retouching here. Just perfect green for St. Paddy's Day and of course my mom's photographic talent!


Right now I'm celebrating the completion of my research paper (yay!) and listening to Sara Bareilles. Her album Kaleidoscope Heart is simply awesome! There's not a song on there that's bad. Not Alone is my favorite song... it sounds like it should be in an old black and white spy movie.
Speaking of movies (wow, my topics are all over the place aren't they?) I'm watching Inception tonight!!! I saw it once in theaters and I can't wait to see it again so I can actually understand the beginning, haha :)

Now I must depart to make some brownies and wait to have my mind blown during Inception! Have a great Friday and weekend!



Shirt: thrifted. 
Jeans: Charlotte Russe.
Purse: Ralph Lauren
Glasses: Wal-Mart

24 comments:

Jocee said...

The outfits' so pretty and so are you! I also LOVE that book by Nancy Drew, and wow. It's soo cool! Great post :))
-Jocee <3

Steffy's Pro's and Con's said...

the green shirt is so adorable i love it!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Julia said...

This is such an adorable outfit! Love the shirt- too cute!

Lauren said...

So beautiful! I'm pretty sure you can pull just about anything off, girl ;D
And Inception is sooo good! Watching it on DVD is a whole new experience; you can actually understand what's happening! :D

agent 0017 said...

love the pictures! the green shirts awesome.

I agree with you that Nancy seemed too perfect. If you like Nancy Drew though, try Trixie Belden! she's a little bit more believable.

is your mom a photographer?

Elisa Kate said...

AH! So cute! I love that outfit so much!!!:D
I love Nancy Drew. :D But I do get annoyed with her. :P Another thing that I get annoyed with is how they would go into every single outfit that she wore... I like Hardy Boys. lol
I LOVE Inception so much. I have seen it like four times. xD

Miranda said...

Agent 0017 - Yes, both my parents are professional photographers (really handy for a blogger!) and my mom takes my pictures.
-Miranda

haze said...

everything is lovely, from the outfit, the book, the bag, the green, and you.. :)

Sara said...

i love your outfit! very simple but cute :)
http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

TOPCOAT said...

This is so pretty, and you look gorgeous! xx

Maria E. said...

Aaahhh, adorable top! Don't you just love vintage finds? :)

What kind of camera does your mom have? I've been looking for a good professional camera and I really like the quality and look of your pics.

Inception is soooo good! Me and my sister sat through the first half hour of the movie saying, "Is this a dream or is this real?" It was pretty confusing, haha, but I can't wait to watch it again sometime and actually understand what's going on in certain portions. :)

-- Maria E.
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

mist of the blossom rain said...

What a beautiful shirt! I love Nancy Drew as well. I think she is such a classy and sophisticated girl.:)

Polka Dot said...

I love the outfit--and the photos are just scream SPRING.

Inception is so awesome. :)

Miranda said...

Maria - My mom uses a professional Nikon camera

CENDRITYSS said...

Cute pictures ! And great look.
Visit my blog and follow me if you want xxx

Ann said...

I love your hair in all your photos, it's so pretty. Your outfit is pretty also.♥

samarah said...

gorgeous pictures!!

blorange dice said...

COOL shirt. for real. haha i looove nancy drew! i read so many of those. and brownies + inception? that sounds like way more fun than all the studying i need to do today... ): oh well.

p.s. the vlog idea for me and bonnie is so funny! we should try it. although we'll have to make serious efforts to not laugh the whole time.

EvA said...

Photos are beautiful! You are very cute and pretty! Nice blog!

http://call-me-eva.blogspot.com/
Xoxo

throughtwoblueeyes said...

Hello, I found your blog a little bit ago, but I'm now getting around dropping a comment. :D

I love all your pictures; your mother does a beautiful job!

~Jamie Joyce

Shayleen said...

Wow, your top is gorgeous! I love it :D

Also those are really great pictures. :)

Love LuLu said...

That thrifted shirt is the best!

www.luluadores.com

Lynzy said...

You look so adorable! I love the top and the open field! You wear glasses so well :)
xo Lynzy
http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

erin :) said...

your photos are absolutely stunning. i am lost for words in how to describe how much i love the pristine-ness of the photos, the location and everything! i wish i lived wherever this is. :] it's like thee setting of my dreams. and you are a great model! the feet/jumping shot was a great capture. :]

love your blog girl!
erin :)

01 09 10