Monday, April 4, 2011

Featured Blogger: Maria Elyse from First Impressions


Hello again!
I'm sorry about my prolonged absence from the blogging world! But I'm back, and with me is Maria Elyse from First Impressions, aka the lovely blogger in the picture above. Maria was one of the very first people to comment on my blog, and I also recently discovered that we started our blogs within a few days of each other!
Maria's blog and style is so nice... she always gives a wonderful variety of everything from cute clothes to inspiration to recipes! So enjoy her interview and then go and check out and follow her blog yourself! Be sure to comment and say that Miranda sent you!:)


Why did you start blogging?
I live in a small town, so it's hard to just wear anything I want without being really out-of-place, as opposed to a larger city where there's more variety and whatnot. I wanted to share my style and ideas with other people, and blogging seemed like the best course of action. 


How did you become interested in fashion?
I've always liked clothes and such, but I'm not quite sure when my interest in exploring different styles began. I would say that in the past couple years my fashion mind really starting growing. So, yes, pretty recent. :)

Describe your personality and hobbies.
I would describe myself as mildly rambunctious, adventurous, confident, creative, and fun-loving. I love being crazy and laughing my head off, but I can also be really low-key and introverted. I love writing novels (I have 8 so far, but none are yet finished), ballet, and vocal pedagogy. 



Describe your style.
I definitely have always loved girly, feminine styles- the ruffles, frills, laces, florals, and pretty pinks. Vintage styles ranging from the 1800's to the 1980's, with a modern touch. Urban, eclectic, elegant, classic...such a huge variety. It changes every day. :)

What is one piece that you can't wait to wear this spring/summer?
This adorable floppy sunhat I just got! It's really pretty and classic, and has the cutest dark blue ribbon and bow on it. It sort of reminds me of "Anne of Green Gables". 



What are your favorite blogs that you follow?
I found a lot of the blogs I follow via ModCloth or my sister Hope. My favorites are: Delightfully Tacky, Lulu Letty, Strawberry Moth, The Littlest Polly, The Clothes Horse, and Twitch Vintage. (And Little Gold Pocket Watch, of course!)

What/who inspires you?
My Grandma definitely is a *huge* style inspiration to me; her style is so classy and elegant. Or just random people I see, other fashion bloggers, even just a feeling I have can inspire me sometimes. 

What is your dream job?
I would love to perform professionally in either opera or musical theatre someday. Those are two of my biggest passions and goals. I would also love to be a full-time author, to just sit at home in my jammies all day long and just write and write and write... 

Any messages for all the bloggers out there?
Just be yourself! Chances are blog readers just want to see youyour style, your ideas, and your thoughts, not someone you're trying or pretending to be. Just have fun and do what you like. :)



Thank you for reading! Now go and look at Maria's blog, First Impressions!
  

(All photos belong to Maria Elyse) 

8 comments:

Sara said...

aww she sounds like a great person! im definitely following her :) and its so nice of you to do that post :)
http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Jocee said...

I love the third picture sooo much!! What a great post :))
-Jocee <3

blorange dice said...

aww, so cute!! i love that you featured another blogger. i love the last picture of her! great interview (:

Karoline Kalvø said...

Gorgeous photos. What a great post with lots of inspiration. Love your blog.

Check out my blog if you've got time and feel like it. It would mean a lot.
Karoline Kalvo

erin :) said...

love this girl! this is an awesome interview. :) glad to have read it! "vocal pedagogy" sounds like heavy business! haha. thanks for the great post! and love these photos.

-erin :)

EevvaStyle said...

great pics!

Christina said...

This girl is so inspiring! She takes amazing photographs too.

Wendy said...

So inspiring!♥♥♥

01 09 10