Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Let's Go Back In Time




     Here I am in a cute little retro soda fountain! I've had this dress for a while, but I've been waiting for the perfect setting to wear it. 
     The soda fountain was founded in the 1940s and I've loved it ever since I was little. Sometimes after school my mom would take me and my friends to get lemonade or a root beer float. The walls are covered with old movie posters and retro advertisements. My kind of place! :)







     Oh, one thing I should mention... drinking a strawberry milkshake and then a Coke at 10:30 in the morning is not a good thing to do.
     The book in the second picture is Summer at Tiffany, by the way. It's an absolutely wonderful book!! I've read it at least three times. It's the true story of a young woman who moves to New York in 1945 and lands a job as the first woman working at Tiffany's. Yeah... "New York, 1945, and Tiffany's" kind of sums up my dream come true! :)  If I could just switch with my grandmother, that would be great. She met her cute sailor husband in Central Park! I was born in the wrong era. It's so sad. :P










     Sigh... today is my last day of Easter break :( But at least I only have to endure two days of school this week. I went bowling with some friends today for one last bit of fun before school. I was reminded of just how clown-like bowling shoes make me feel!
     Random ending question... I have decided that I need to create a time machine so I can go back to the '40s and steal Gene Kelly away. Two of my friends want to go back to the 1800s. If you had a time machine, what era would you go back to, and why?

Dress - Dillards (8 dollars!)
Shoes - Gianni Bini
Pearls - Gift from Aunt and Uncle :)

 

6 comments:

Elisa said...

OMG!!! I LOVE this! I am really really jealous of your dress, that little soda fountain! Your shoes! Everything! Overall this post made me happy (other than the jealousy) :) I love it!!!!!! :)
The pictures are so adorable, the setting is adorable and everything! I have wanted to go to a place like that for forever. :) My kind of place too. ^_^
elisa45.blogspot.com
~Elisa:)

Jocee said...

JEALOUS!!!!! I want one of those coca cola bottles SO BAD!! And I wish I could live where you do so I could go to that diner. Great outfit :))
-Jocee <3

Maria E. said...

Oh. my. goodness. You + the retro soda fountain = adorable vintage perfection! {And your dress is gorgeous}

Hmm...I think I'm with you on the 40's...if it'd be at all possible to hang out with Gene Kelly I would make it happen. ;) Otherwise I'd go to the mid-fifties and search out Jeremy Brett. {He's incredible too.}

~ Maria

Julia said...

You are seriously too cute! LOVE THESE!!

Lauren said...

Ah!! I want to go there! We have no fun places like that where I live :P But as usual, your pictures were wonderful and brought a smile to my face! That outfit is amazing, by the way :D
~Lauren :)

blorange dice said...

that place looks so awesome!! haha yeah, a milkshake+coke doesn't sound like the best way to start the day, but... at least you had fun and took great pictures? (: that book sounds lovely

01 09 10