Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tea Party

Well, last weekend was the play (Hello, Dolly!) and it went very well according to all the people I've talked to! I was Ernestina (a crazy floozy) and it was SO much fun!! :) I'll get a picture up soon - my costume was pretty cool.


And yesterday I went to a tea party with a few of my friends! It was so much fun to get dressed up and drink tea and eat little hors d'oeuvres. We even started talking in British accents...because that's how mature we are ;)

My beautiful friends in their pretty dresses! I wish I could have taken pictures of some of the huge, flower-and-feather-covered hats that women were wearing, but my camera died too soon :(

Each table had a different set of teacups and a little hat centerpiece.


There was a huge magnolia tree that had streamers, lanterns, and flowers strung from the limbs! It was so pretty - it made me want a tree house :)



Pretty cupcakes!! I had to buy one. Cupcakes just make me happy :) Anyone else know what I mean?

That was my Saturday afternoon! I hope all of your weekends are wonderful!

7 comments:

Jocee said...

ACCKK!!! YOU HAD CUPCAKES WITHOUT ME?!?!!??! NO FAIR!! What pretty outfits. I talk with a British accent on a regular basis now :P I LOVE those tea sets. So gorgeous!! Great post :))
-Jocee <3

Maria E. said...

Yeah, I def wanna see pics of you as Ernestina! Glad it went good. :)

Ohhhh my, don't even get me started on cupcakes! :D

Sara said...

ahh so cute! i want to throw a legit tea party now hehe

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

said...

This is so adorable!

http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

Jemimah C. said...

A tea party! You must have had such a wonderful time. Your tea set is simply adorable.

Elisa said...

That is so cool! Tea parties are really fun... x) My friends and I talked in British Accents too!!!! :D Nice pictures, they are really pretty. :) Those cupcakes are to DIE for! I love cupcakes..... :P

elisa45.blogspot.com
~Elisa:)

blorange dice said...

aww, that looks like so much fun! i had a tea party my junior year of high school, and it was the best. mine wasn't in such a pretty, outdoor place, though.

p.s. i also used to do musicals!! hello dolly is a fun one (:

01 09 10