Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Burst of Happiness :D

     Welcome to a little feature I'm going to call Little Burst of Happiness! In this feature I will spotlight some of the following things:
                                                  ~A book
 ~A song
 ~A blog 
                  ~Random inspiration
                                 ~An outfit or article of clothing 
   ~A picture
...that I am enjoying at the moment. Hope you like it! 


The Blog

My Milk Toof

My Milk Toof, the adorable blog that I just recently found through the Delightful Dozen! Seriously, if you haven't already seen it, go take a look. It's the picture adventures of two teeth named ickle and Lardee. Trust me, it will make your day.


The Song
                                                    
                                            
  
My Body by Young the Giant. This is the most insanely addicting song you will ever hear. I just want to listen to it over and over! My friend Teryn found it for free on iTunes. Oh, and the video is pretty cool, I discovered! (A little weird, but at the end it all makes sense.)


The Book


      Yes, indeed. Lord of the Rings. I've seen the movies billions of times, and I could watch them a billion more times and still love them! So, a while ago I decided that if I were to be a true fan, I would have to read the books to get the full, original story. So I picked up The Fellowship, and it is fantastic! I read The Hobbit a few years ago (very good book. Read it before the Lord of the Rings. If you don't, you'll be confused.) 
     At first I was scared to read The Fellowship because I thought it would be unbearably dry and boring. But I was so wrong! The imagery, characters, and storyline are so amazing. And the poetry is so beautiful! So, in short, read these books!


The Random Inspiration

                                                              

     So I was recently looking up a speech from Julius Caesar I had to recite for school, and I stumbled across a video of Marlon Brando as Antony. Then I found this screentest he did for Rebel Without a Cause. He. Is. Such. An. Amazing. Actor. Just watch the video...oh and he's adorable, too ;)

Well, that's today's Little Burst of Happiness! Hope you enjoyed. I would also love to hear what's inspiring you at the moment! Leave me a comment about it! 
P.S. I got a new follower a few days ago, but I don't know who it is - so, welcome to my new follower, whoever you are :)

 

8 comments:

Sara said...

how interesting! great choices :)

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Jocee said...

LORD OF THE RINGS!!! I LOVE THAT SERIES SO MUCH. I'm in love with Legolas, and Frodo and Sam and Pippin and Merry and all the good guys for that matter ;) Great post :))
-Jocee <3

Jemimah C. said...

ickle and Lardee totally made my day! Thank you for sharing the blog. It's so cute!

I adore The Lord of the Rings! Practically anything by J.R.R. Tolkien. He's such a great writer. I really love everything about LOTR (including the movies). In fact, I'm perusing it once again while some of my siblings are reading it for the first time.

Maria E. said...

Yes, yes, yes! Lord of the Rings! :D Best. books. ever. I can't wait for the film of "The Hobbit" to come out next year. :)

Love this new feature!

xo
Maria E.
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

Gorgeous Clara said...

I loooove my milk toof! that blog is the cutest thing ever!

Kenziefaith said...

I love the blog, my milk toof! SO cute. & That song is an awesome freebie <3

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

so cute. x hivenn

blorange dice said...

love this post!! haha my friend and i were just laughing so hard at the milk toof blog (thanks for sharing). haha so funny. great song, too! i love the music video.

01 09 10