Sunday, May 29, 2011

Little Burst of Happiness: Summer

     I got out of school on Thursday! Yay! So, here's the first post of summer!

The Picture



     I have been craving a smoothie for a while now. And doesn't this one look good? I have a recipe for a great orange julep smoothie. Maybe I'll post the recipe soon!


The Song



Change of Seasons by Sweet Thing! It is simply the happiest song in the world, and it just sounds like summer. It makes me want to walk around doing something awesome! I'm addicted. Completely.


The Book




     Ok, so this is Tunnels. One of the coolest, most fascinating book series ever. It's a New York Times Bestseller! The fourth book just came out! It has an amazing, super original plot!
...But no one I know likes it. Sigh. I thought it was fascinating, and I couldn't put it down. But, since no one I know likes it (except maybe my dad, who just started it), I challenge you bloggers to give it a try. It is rather slow at points, but it's such a good story! 


The Random Inspiration









     I was over at The Littlest Polly, and saw that she had posted a few videos of the Andrews Sisters, a singing group from the 30s and 40s. I just fell in love with all of their songs and videos. Theai dancing and their facial expressions are just too cute! The second video, Gimme Some Skin, My Friend, has got to be the cutest thing ever. And their outfits are so perfect! I'm still in need of a time machine so I can go back to the 40s... if anyone happens to have one, let me know...



The Outfit




     I was also over at Someone Like You, and I saw that she did a post about Katharine Hepburn (I am just full of blog references today, haha). It reminded me of this picture of her that I found a while back. Something about the way she's standing - so nonchalant but absolutely confident - made me love it. And what an outfit! As I mentioned before, I love the look of menswear on women.  


Goodbye for now... I shall post from Chicago in a few days! :D



5 comments:

Maria E. said...

Yay for finishing school and starting summer! :) I think I may just have to read that book...it sounds really interesting. And the Andrews Sisters! My dad used to watch old reruns of the Lawrence Welk show when I was little and they were on it sometimes.

Have fun in Chicago! You'll love it there! :)

xoxo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

P.S. Yeah, I think I've got a time machine hidden in my attic somewhere... ;) But really, wouldn't that be beyond awesome? *dreamy sigh*

Emily Rose said...

Love the pics! I really want to read that book - it looks really good!

Dancing Through Life said...

i love your picture, congrats on the end of school...fun!

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Oh, do have fun in Chicago Miranda you lucky little lady! I visited the windy city when I was a little girl and went to the American Girl Place! Ahh, now I wish I could go back just for the shopping hehe :)

And thank you ever so much for the mention you sweet girl! I'm obsessed over that picture of Miss. Hepburn, too! She's so effortlessly suave...

Shayna said...

I just adore the andrews sisters. My favorite is Oh Johnny Oh

01 09 10