Monday, June 6, 2011

Chicago Summary!

     Here's the last Chicago post with some snapshots from the trip!

Shopping for hours...tiring but rewarding :)


 We were walking to H&M, and saw this chocolate sundae sitting on the fence, looking tired and sad. I mean, he's dressed up as chocolate, right? He should not look sad. So I went and asked to get a picture with him. After we did, other people started asking for pictures, too! 



Amazingly beautiful Jeffrey Campbell and Betsey Johnson shoes at Nordstrom! Yes, they were super expensive. Yes, I tried them on anyway :)


 A lovely vintage wedding dress display...sigh. It's all so pretty!!! Look at the little pointy shoes, and the feather wrap!



if you're ever in Chicago, stop by Sprinkles! They have the most delicious cupcakes imaginable! The one I got was lemon, and my mom and aunt got chocolate and coconut. So good... and so cute, too.


These awesome Lego statues were everywhere around the mall. I took a picture with all of them, they were just so cool!

And, lastly, the wonderful view from our hotel terrace!

     Phew! Well, that was my Chicago trip! We left Friday morning. 
     While we were waiting at the airport, the trip got even cooler! A group of World War II veterans were getting off a plane and coming into our area of the airport. Everyone stood and applauded them as they came in. They were on an Honor Flight, probably to see the new WWII memorial. 
     After they all got off, people were going up to shake their hands and talk to them. I was hesitant to go, because I didn't really know what to say to them. But I knew that if I didn't go, I would regret if forever. I mean, they lived in the era I want to, right? So I went down the line of wheelchairs and walking canes and shook the veterans' hands and thanked them for their service. 
     The last man I came to said, "I want to give you a big hug. You know why?" I hugged him and said, "Why?" He said, "Because I look into your eyes and I see the future. And I know you're a good person. Promise me you'll stay connected and know what's going on. Now, go out and do good." Then he laughed and added, "Don't do well, do good."  
     It was so cool to get to talk to all the veterans and thank them. It was the end of a wonderful trip! It was so nice of my aunt to take us. I think our next Girls' Trip will be to New Orleans. I can find tons of neat vintage shops there!
     

11 comments:

Gal Meets Glam said...

love your style, those JC heels are awesome! now following!

xo galmeetsglam.com

Emily Rose said...

What an awesome trip! BEAUTIFUL photos!

throughtwoblueeyes said...

THAT WAS R2-D2!!!!!! Sorry, a Star Wars moment for me.....

That's so neat what the one veteran said! What a blessing you were to them!

I love the view of the last shot!!!!

And the blue shoes are amazing. . . . .

~Jamie Joyce

Maria E. said...

Wow, what a cool experience with the veterans. :)

Aahh, you hotel view was amazing! Chicago is so pretty at night. :) I haven't been there since I was about 6 or 7, and I really would love to go back sometime. :)

Glad your trip was so fun and amazing! :)

xoxo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Gem said...

Those shoes are amazing! So are the cupcakes.
I too love the World War 2 period, I'm studying it a lot in school this year and I love movies from the 40's and I'm always wishing I could have lived back then. :)
Hope you had a good trip !

Emily Rose said...

I have awarded you The Sweetie Award - congratulations!

http://mistoftheblossomrain.blogspot.com/2011/06/lots-of-news.html

Jennyboo said...

Can I please have any of those Betsy Johnson and Jeffrey Campbell shoes please!? Swoon. It looks like quite a fun trip. I am visiting there in a month. I can't wait! xx

BABI said...

i love the blue wedges! so fabulous!

www.whenbabispeaks.com

carol anne, carol&beyond said...

those SHOES!
love.

blorange dice said...

looks like so much fun!! they opened a sprinkles in dallas my junior year of high school and my best friend and i went through a phase where we got cupcakes EVERY friday (at least). haha

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Looks like a fabulous trip!! And it is SO rewarding to shop for hours, love, love it! I'm also absolutely smitten with all of those gorgeous shoes & that amazing vintage wedding dress, wow such a beauty! Hope you're having a great Friday hun. xx veronika

01 09 10