Friday, July 15, 2011

It All Ends

Oh. My. Goodness.
Where to begin?
So Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out last night... and it was indescribably epic. I don't want to give any spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but it had me clapping, crying, cheering, sobbing...everything. I mean, this was the last movie of the last book. It's been such a huge part of my childhood! But the movie was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect.
And of course my friends and I were there for the midnight showing, dressed up and super excited! I was Hedwig, as you can see on the name tag, haha...





With me are my friends: a Hogwarts student, Harry's stag patronus, a Quidditch player, Luna Lovegood, and Dobby the house elf :)



So there we were, all pumped and ready to go. But then we stopped at a gas station to get some candy - and got locked out of the car. Which contained my Hedwig jacket that took hours to make. So we all ended up having quite an adventure calling the people to come open the car and sitting in a gas station for an hour dressed like various magical creatures :) But it was totally worth it! I just got back from seeing it again. Twice in the same day! Totally awesome.
If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend that you hurry up and watch it! And it you haven't read the books... well then, I'm not really sure what to say :)

9 comments:

Emily Rose said...

Your costumes are epic! I'm seeing the movie on Sunday. I almost went to the midnight showing, but the 3D theater was sold out.:(

Jessica Nicole said...

Cute costumes!!
I wasn't able to see the movie because they were sold out before I got a chance to buy one for the midnight premiere. Plus, I wouldn't have gotten to go if I had tickets, because I was and am sick. :( But hopefully I'll be able to see it this weekend or early next week (I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan as well). :)

SomeoneLikeYou said...

All of you look just too darn cute! I'm in desperate need to watch the movie... Everyone, including you, has said it's just phenomenal! :D But you're so right: it's so odd to see a part of our childhood go! I mean, our kids will be like " you were alive and got to see Harry Potter in theeaaatterrrsss? Woah!" ;)

Victoria said...

You guys all look so adorable! Such great costumes...I just wore a Ravenclaw-ish scarf. I wish I was brave enough to wear an all out costume! I feel exactly the same about it being over :/ It WAS great though! They did it really well.

Nikki said...

So fun! I went to see the movie the day before yesterday, but no one came all dressed-up. I guess Belgians are to lame for it x) x

Elisa said...

Ahhh! I love your costumes!! So epic! x) I lovelovelove the Luna one. :) You are all so adorably beautiful! :) :) :)
I have been dying to see Harry Potter and the deathly hallows! But...When my sister went to the midnight showing I was stuck home sick...fail. LOL x)

Dresses for Dinner said...

I've been going through your archives and I love your blog! Seriously wonderful outfits and I love the little narratives that go along with them. Delightful.

vanessa said...

first time being on your blog! i like your blog very much:) i absolutely LOVE your hair in the sailor outfi post, i can never get mine to be that curly:)

mylifefullofwonders.blogspot.com

blorange dice said...

hahahah i love your costume. can you believe it's been like 10 years of hp?? crazy stuff, man.

01 09 10