Friday, July 1, 2011

Message in a Bottle

     Hello! I'm really sorry that this post took so long... it just kept getting delayed over and over again, and then when I had it all ready to go two days ago, I got 100 degree fever. Yay. But I'm better now, so here we go... 
     Anyway, we took these pictures at my Aunt and Uncle's lake house, which was perfect for my nautical-inspired outfit (bought in Chicago). To make this post a little more interesting, I decided to make up a random little story to go along with the pictures!


     Once upon a time, there was a little sailor girl. She was very happy because she had a sailor boy who loved her very much.


     But then the sailor had to leave and go across the sea. The little sailor girl was heartbroken.





          Every day the sailor girl went to the dock to see if her sailor had come home. 
     She waited...

     And waited...

     And waited...

     As she sat on the dock, treasures from the sea washed up. She found a shell and listened to the ocean, hoping to hear her sailor's voice.

    And then one day a message in a bottle floated up. It was from her sailor! It said that he would be home soon. And so the little sailor girl was happy again.


     Then her sailor came home and they lived happily ever after!


     Well that was interesting :)
     I bought this top, skirt, and shoes in Chicago. The shoes were only $17! They were on clearance, and they were originally $40, I think. I loved the orange and how it went perfectly with this striped top. 
   Another thing I'd like to mention is that Victoria from Little Bird Blue featured me in a thrifting find post that she did, along with Maria and Laura, from two of my favorite blogs! Go check it out at Little Bird Blue.
   One more thing I'd like to say - hello to all my new followers! I've hit 60 thanks to you! I'm glad you're here :)

   Have a great weekend/Fourth of July! 

Top, skirt - Nordstrom
Shoes - Akira
 

19 comments:

Emily Rose said...

Love those shoes! These pictures are absolutely gorgeous.:)

throughtwoblueeyes said...

Lol, good post! I loved the shot of you with the shell. Very awesome. :)

~Jamie Joyce

Iulia Romana said...

This small photoshoot is adorable ! I really live your shoes and your hair is more than beautiful :)

Hugs from Julls
xoxo

Despina T. said...

what a wonderful post dear!this outfit is so beautiful!!!great top skirt and shoes!

Fashion Addict said...

This was a really cute post and I loved the story line you put with your beautiful photos. And you really looked chic in these photos.
http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

SomeoneLikeYou said...

You are seriously my favorite, Miranda! Your pictures are always stunning (beacause you're in them!), and your outfits are always pefectly put together. Not to mention you have the perfect scenery and little props to go along with everything. And now you've added the awesome additon of a story... I don't think you could get any cuter.

I just know you are going to be a huge blogger someday! The world is going to love you :)

Elisa said...

Heehee! I love your outfit, and the little sailor story was too cute. x) I love how well the pictures went with it. :D
I LOVELOVELOVELOVE your shoes!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Maria E. said...

Ohmygosh, I don't think I can describe how adorably darling this post is! The photos and the story are so whimsical and cute...I love the photo of you listening to the shell. ♥

And like Lauren said, I know you are definitely going to be a HUUUGE blogger someday! :)

xoxo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Sassy said...

Nice post :D. I'm following you. I hope that you'll follow my blog too :D

My blog http://www.allamodaeconstile.com/

Facebook page (share you style):I love fashion bloggers

Taylormarie said...

I love this! Such a cute little short story to go with an adorable outfit :)
-TaylorMarie<3

Lidiya said...

I love this post!! Your story 'behind' the photos was so sweet and your top is adorable, so very sailor like =) xoxo
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

erin :) said...

Ugh I'm always so jealouz of your adorable photos! The colors of your outfit are so perfect for Independence Day! :)

I hope your summers been great!

UneDandizette said...

I'll definitely try this look when I'm sailing this year! Lovely, so retro!

http://unedandizette.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

Can I say how absolutely adorable you look? So simple, yet you captured the nautical essence perfectly!

And yes, I speak fluent in Korean! That's all I speak at home, to my parents, anyway. I'm so glad you're learning how to read and speak this AWESOME language lol! If you ever have anything to ask about, feel free to ask me!

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

this top is so cute! i love your blog!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Bad Joan said...

You are adorable! Love the sailor themed post. Those shoes are fantastic and such a great deal!

http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

Emma said...

Oh my goodness, you are too lovely! Your blog is super cute.

xo,
Em

Karin said...

so wonderful, I really adore the last image xxx

the girl never gets older said...

oh my goodness, you have the most charming smile probably ever! I love this post, I love, LOVE your hairdo, I love you! ♥

01 09 10