Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sunflowers and Sunshine


     This lovely garden (that belongs to a couple who are friends with my parents) was the perfect location for shooting this dress! I thrifted it a while ago, and instantly loved it because it fit me perfectly and was just so pretty. I just adore the blue dotted fabric and the shape of it on the dress.







     There were so many gorgeous flowers and the sunlight was so beautiful - and there were even some huge tires with plants in them! Balancing on top of one in heels is not as easy as it looks...
     Yes, the flowers were pretty - but as I sat among them for a picture, I realized that I was not alone. A GIANT spider was sitting right next to me. Warning: The following two pictures are of the spider itself, and of my extremely attractive reaction to seeing said spider. Both may be terrifying.


     Yeah. It wasn't pretty. One second I was smiling away for the camera, and then I glanced over and GAH!! There it was. Oh, the things I go through for this blog... ;)




    

     This post has way more photos than I usually like to use, but there were so many pretty details! After we finished shooting, my parents' friends were nice enough to give us lots of home grown squash, eggplant, and tomatoes from the garden. It was so fun to kick off my shoes and gather up all the vegetables in my skirt to take home!
     I hope you all have a lovely week! I'm going to New Orleans next week, and I'm looking forward to shopping and taking outfit pictures.

Dress- Thrifted
Shoes- Ann Taylor
Sunhat- Nordstrom
Ring, Locket- Gifts

    

12 comments:

Bad Joan said...

Love your dress and all of these images! Amazing setting!

GTBB,
http://www.badjoan.com
http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

sojourned in style said...

lovely lovely dress. the flowers and dots marry each other beautifully! adore the backdrop it suits the dress so well, more flowers.

http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

Adorable, as always! That dress is too cute and these photos are amazing! :)

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Why are you so darn adorable and incredible!? It always seems to me that you should have one of the biggest and most followed blogs out there because your pictures and outfits are just always to die for... I love that they always tell a story and that you take so many pictures of all the 'little' but very important things :D

...Another absolutely lovely post, as always Miranda! ❤

Ashley said...

that's an adorable dress love it!!!

Ellie said...

What a perfect setting! I adore the tiny collar on that dress! Lovely post!

Liza said...

These photographs are unreal!
I love your blog!!

x

Dresses for Dinner said...

That dress is gorgeous and I love the setting!

Jamie Rose said...

These pictures remind me of spring time! I love how colorful and pretty they are. Adorable little dress too. I'm loving the mixed prints in it.

the girl never gets older said...

what a lovely, unique dress! ♥ and gosh, I'm so impressed by your prettiness, you're perfection :)

Maria Elyse said...

Your outfits and photos settings have such a wonderful chemistry! I'm in love with the floral and polka dot dress...the neckline and collar are really lovely. :) And that last photo made my day! I love squash, haha! :)

xo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Anula said...

Gorgeous dress!! Great bag! You look fab!!
If you want we can follow each other! Have a magic day!!

01 09 10