Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fashion in Film: Charade


     This Fashion in Film post is centered around a movie I watched recently called Charade. Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant starred in it - what more could you ask for? :) Oh, and there's also a reference to An American in Paris in it! (I watched that movie last weekend- it was great.) Anyway...


     This 1963 movie is a bit complicated to explain, so I'll just give a brief summary: Audrey Hepburn is trying to recover her murdered husband's money at the same time the three murder suspects are doing the same. Cary Grant is helping Audrey in the search (and of course they become romantically involved), but she soon finds out that he isn't really who he says he is. 

   
   Charade was directed by Stanley Donen, who also directed On The Town, Singin' in the Rain, and Cover Girl. The costumes designer was Hubert de Givenchy (as in the designer label), who also did Funny Face and Breakfast at Tiffany, along with most of Audrey Hepburn's movies.



     Cary Grant, always a perfect gentleman, was uncomfortable with the age difference between Audrey and himself (he was 59, she was 34), so he had a few lines added to the script that made Audrey's character pursue him, instead of the other way around. Seriously? Would someone do that these days? No. Just Cary Grant. Sigh. I need a time machine. That's quickly becoming my life motto... :)


    x

I noticed that Audrey wore a lot of primary, solid colors. And as always, she looked stunning and perfectly put together.




     So, all in all, it was a really good movie with lots of brightly colored coats, pretty dresses, and little hats. And Audrey Hepburn. And Cary Grant. ;)


All photos link back to source. All via weheart it and google.


4 comments:

~Miss Raquel said...

I haven't seen this movie yet...I want to, though! I think Audrey Hepburn is so adorable...and I LOVE all her fashions! Cary Grant...mmm...he's okay ;)

God bless!
~Miss Raquel
www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

Lidiya said...

I love that movie and Audrey Hepburn is a goddess, so so gorgeous <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

throughtwoblueeyes said...

I LOVE that movie! Cary and Audrey are one of the cutest couples, even with the age difference. I'm glad you got to see it! :D

~Jamie Joyce

Kate said...

Charade is my favourite movie, and Audrey Hepburn looks amazing in all her outfits- I love her orange coat its gorgeous!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

01 09 10