Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Distractions...

     Meet my accidental new puppy! My parents found him a few weeks ago on the side of the interstate, and we're been trying to find him a good home ever since... but it hasn't worked. He's slowly becoming our dog.


       Oh dear... I have become one of those bloggers who never posts anything and then promises to post more but never does.  I might as well accept it!  Hopefully that will change though. Probably not. But maybe. I'll try.
     

     This little guy is quite the camera hog! This post is called Distractions
1. Because I haven't posted on eons
2. Because this little puppy wanted to play!

     I really should have named this post "Mosquitoes and a Dog", because that's pretty much all that was going on when I shot these pictures. But that's ok!
     This dress is from Free People. It was originally about $100, but I got it on sale for $11. Oh yeah!

     Is this not just a fantastic picture?! He's got the most psycho look on his face! I feel like it needs a caption that says "WHHAAATT?! SHOOOES?!" 


     In other news, my school's Fall Play is set in the 1940s!!!!!! And I got a part! Words. Cannot. Express. My. Excitement. About. Costumes. Hair. And. Makeup. This is seriously a dream come true... I get to wear 40s dresses, gloves and hats!!!

Photo bomber!


     No, I'm not demonstrating my mad ninja skills. This is one of maaany awkward mosquito-swatting shots my mom got... :)

Dress - Free people
Belt - From an old dress of my Mom's
Blazer - Nordstrom
Shoes - F21
Purse - Also my Mom's 

 

10 comments:

Jocee said...

I LOVE THE 5TH PICTURE!! Your puppy is just so precious!! And I adore your shoes.
Great post, it's been a long time, dearie :)))
-Jocee <3

Dresses for Dinner said...

the colors in this outfit are beautiful!

TC said...

Your dog is adorable! I love your outfit and you got a $100 dress for $11! Ah I'm so jealous, where did you buy it?
xxx
treschiccs.blogspot.com

Alex said...

love the contrast with red!

have a look at my London Fashion Week reports!
xx

Maria Elyse said...

Aaahhh, your new puppy is adorably darling! :) Does he have a name? :)

What an awesome deal on the dress! My trench coat was originally over $100 but I got it for $6. :) Anywho, I love the pop of red in your outfit! Red seems to always work its way into my outfits, haha.

Yay! I'm SO excited for you! The forties was such a fantastic time period in terms of clothes and style. I hope you'll be posting photos of your costume! What play is it?

xo
Maria
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Jamie Rose said...

Aw! Cute new puppy! I really love the picture where he's staring at your shoes too.

Also, adorable outfit! I love that belt you're wearing.

Wild Flower said...

Cute outfit and puppy! I really adore those heels, so lovely and classy!

Kaylee
xo

Jul said...

You look so lovely :) that dress is beautiful and the contrasting belt is amazing. Also, your new puppy is too cute :)

http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

This outfit is wonderful! I agree with Maria about the pop of red :) Weirdly enough, I JUST sold a dress that came with a belt that looks exactly like that.

Your new puppy is so cute. And it looks like he already really loves you!

And congratulations about your part in the play! That must be so exciting!

Emily Rose said...

Aw such a cute puppy!

PS: There is an award waiting for you at my blog.

http://mistoftheblossomrain.blogspot.com/2011/10/jorge-cutie-pie.html

Congrats!

01 09 10