Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas and Costumes


Hello, and Merry Day Before Christmas Eve!
I apologize for being gone for about a month, but school (especially exams in my AP classes) got in the way. I've done my best to keep up with everyone's blogs even though I haven't kept up with mine!
These pictures are of my costumes - from the play I talked about a loooong time ago. The play was set in 1941, so the costumes were so much fun. I wanted to show you, so here they are (finally)!


This dress, which came from the costume closet at school, was originally quite ugly...the neckline was high and straight, the sleeves were to my elbows, and the waist didnt fit me at all. But, thanks to my sewing machine, we were able to cinch the waist, shorten the sleeves, and add a collar.



This next costume was from a consignment store. It worked out perfectly, because we found the skirt, sweater, and gloves all in one trip.




This skirt was originally about a foot longer, until I hemmed it. I'm not exactly the most skilled seamstress, so these costumes were quite an accomplishment for me!



I hope you all have very merry Christmases! I'm so thankful for this blog, and for all of you. Happy holidays! :)

Shoes - Gianni Bini
Gloves, skirt, sweater - thrifted


5 comments:

Jocee said...

AW. you are simply adorable. the argument has never, does not, and never will exist.
-jocee <3

Jamie Rose said...

Aw I love what you did with the blue dress. It looks wonderful on you and very very cute. Such great pictures in this post!

SomeoneLikeYou said...

MIRANDA! You look absolutely darling and stunning and lovely and every other adjective I could use to possibly describe you! I simply adore both of these outfits on you, and you are truly a beauty of epic portions! xx

throughtwoblueeyes said...

I love the blue dress! It's so cute! Oh, and the gloves are very cute as well.

Merry Christmas!

~Jamie

The Midwest Muse said...

Both of these outfits are absolutely darling.

01 09 10