Monday, January 30, 2012

Guest Post from Lauren of Someone Like You!

I'd like to introduce Lauren, the beautiful and talented blogger behind Someone Like You. I don't remember how I found Lauren's blog, but I know I've always loved her sense of fashion and her wonderful writing. I'm so happy that she's guest posting for me! Thanks, Lauren!
<3 Miranda

Sailor Dress: Forever21.
Cream Cardigan, Floppy Tan Hat: Thrifted.
Red Tights: JcPenny's.
Tan Clogs: Target.

Why hello there lovely readers of Little Gold Pocket Watch!

I'm Lauren, a bashful teenage gal from Ohio and the blogger behind Someone Like You who believes in many different things. I believe in true love, guardian angels, wishing at 11:11, having as many pieces of chocolate as you want and of course; following your heart.

Growing up as a shy and awkward girl I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. I felt that I wasn't good enough for anyone, and would never amount to anything in my life. I wasn't the smarest in my class, nor the richest, the prettiest, the most athletic, or even the most artistic. I wasn't anything really but a silly girl named Lauren who no one payed any attention to. I had a dream of one day being in the fashion business. Everything about it held unexplainable beauty and life for me, but I knew that I would never be cut out for the buisness. I was too ugly, too fat, too unfashionable. Too lacking in everything that the fashion industry wanted. It took years and years of me developing my personal style and gaining confidence and losing myself along the way a few times though to finally see what I had been missing all along. Faith in myself. Faith that I have the ability to do anything I could ever want with my life. Faith that I can make it in the fashion business and maybe, just maybe be successful.

This next fall I plan on attending Kent State University to study Fashion Merchandising. It's scary to think about what I just typed. I, Lauren Pfieffer, will be studying Fashion Merchandising. Although it's a scary and a risky road to take, I know I'm making the right choice because I'm following my heart. And if you do that, you'll always be on the right track

With much love, Lauren.

4 comments:

Two Buttons said...

Wonderful guest post from Lauren, her blog is very interesting.
I just found yours the other day, I am now following, I really like it.
xx Jane
thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Such a lovely guest post from such a beautiufl girl! She is such an inspiration in every single way :)

Kezzie said...

Hello there! I hopped over from Lauren's blog- I am a fond follower of her! It's lovely to be visiting such a lovely location and very nice to meet you!

Forever Fashionably Late said...

This guest post is really cute. I'm from Ohio too : ) & congrats Lauren on deciding what you love & want to study!

Victoria
Forever Fashionably Late

01 09 10