Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Study in Stripes







Waking up is hard. And yet that's what I'm doing every day this month for my Biology class. Huzzah. Honestly, getting dressed is something that gets me up in the morning, though! It's like a daily challenge to find something new to put together (and something that fits the dress code for lab). This shirt was thrifted, the jeans are from Old Navy, and the bag is Betsey Johnson.

I've been reading books galore lately, and it has been wonderful. During the school year I didn't read much, but now that I have time, I can't stop! I read The Book Thief first, which was one of the most emotionally wrenching, beautifully written, and unique stories I've ever read. I haven't cried so hard at the end of a book since the end of the Harry Potter series! 

Next, I got on a John Green kick and reread The Fault in Our Stars, then read An Abundance of Katherines and Looking for Alaska. I love his writing; he creates the most interesting characters - even the ones you're not supposed to like. I won't even talk about the TFiOS movie...I'll just say that it was beautifully done, and I cried. A lot. Obviously. Now I'm rereading The Great Gatsby

I'd love suggestions for new books to read! Read anything good lately?


5 comments:

Justine Prabucki said...

I love the Betsey Johnson bag! She's such a great designer! I totally suggest The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern !

Jamie said...

I need to read Fault in our Stars... :D

Also love your red shoes!!!! So cute!

~Jamie

Miranda said...

It is so amazing. It's definitely his best book. Read it before you see the movie!

Alice Young said...

Really want to read that book, think I'll download it onto my Kindle soon :) Love your top as well :)

Charu Sharma said...

Gal your eyes are so beautiful!! You look fabulous! Wonderful blog!! :)

Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

Kisses
Charu
http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

01 09 10