Sunday, July 20, 2014

Liebster Award



Eleanor from Elesaurus was wonderful enough to give me the Leibster Award! Eleanor has a great blog filled with DIYs, make up reviews, and fun videos. Thank you so much, Eleanor! Now on to the rules...

Rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the questions they set you.
Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to answer your own set of questions.

11 Random Facts About Me:
(1) I have never gotten my ears pierced. Not sure why. But I plan to!
(2) I had a speech impediment when I was little, so I pronounced my name "Milanda." Yep...
(3) Speaking of my name, Miranda was my Grandma's maiden name!
(4) I am a cat AND a dog person. Boom. Breaking boundaries.
(5) Speaking of animals, I have three cats and one dog. (That suspiciously uneven number would seem to discredit my answer to Random Fact 4...but it doesn't, I promise!)
(6) I never took an art class in high school, which is weird since I'm taking them now in college! 
(7) I took theatre and journalism instead in high school.
(8) I am a huge geek, and have a deep passion for Doctor Who, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. And recently, Firefly.
(9) I will happily discuss the aforementioned fandoms with anyone.
(10) I am the first girl to be born on my dad's side of the family in 20 years.
(11) I love chocolate, but I have a huge weakness for sour and/or gummy candy. Specifically Sour Patch Kids and Mike & Ikes.

Questions:
1) Which is your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
I like the settings and photos in the first three posts, and I'm actually fond of my Outtakes posts!
2) What makeup product could you not live without?
Eyeliner. It's basically all I use besides mascara and some lipstick!
3) Do you ever get bloggers block? If so, how do you get over it?
Yep! If that happens, I just post pictures and don't bother trying to think of words.
4) What's your go-to hairstyle?
Down, curled a bit, usually a straightener because I'm too lazy to wait for my curler to heat up!
5) What's your favourite high street store and why?
Not gonna lie, I Googled "high street fashion" because apparently it's an English thing! But I think I got the meaning- I like Forever 21 a lot. Is that right?
6) What is your favourite book?
I really can't say I have one favorite. But for this answer I'll spotlight Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart, A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz, A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams (yeah, its a play but whatever), and I'm currently reading Enchantment, a biography of Audrey Hepburn by Donald Spoto.
7) What's your favourite Summer trend?
Crop tops, midi skirts, and matching sets.
8) Liquid, gel, or felt tip liner?
Um. I'm not enough of a make up expert to know! Liquid, I guess? But I use the kind you twist out.
9) Product you most regret buying?
Things that I justify buying by saying "I'll just hem it and alter it a bit!" and then never do.
10) Most embarrassing thing you've ever done?

Oh gosh I'm always so bad at questions like this! I can't think of anything! But please believe me when I say that there have been more than plenty embarrassing moments.
11) What's your star sign?
Aries! I put no stock in it, but I must admit Aries traits kind of describe me.

I pass the award on to...
The Red Lip Chronicles
The Rucksack Diaries
Through Two Blue Eyes
Bits and Pieces (This blog hasn't been updated in forever, but it's one of my favorites!)
Adore Vintage
The Velvet Black

Questions:
1) What is your personal style like?
2) What got you interested in blogging?
3) Any pet peeves?
4) Celebrity crush?
5) If you could go back in time, which era would you choose?
6) Morning hair and makeup routine?
7) Favorite movie?
8)Where have you not traveled that you would like to visit and why?
9) Morning person or night owl?
10) What's something you're passionate about besides blogging?
11) What is one of your life goals, big or small?



7 comments:

Eleanor Rose said...

Yay, I' glad you did it! Loved your answers! I didn't know you didn't have the term 'high street' in America but you seem to have got the definition right :P It's basically just the everyday shops you'll find in a shopping centre as opposed to designer and high end shops :)

Elesaurus

Eleanor Rose said...

I was watching Avatar whilst reading this too O.o Weird

Miranda said...

Haha awesome! Do you watch Korra?

Jamie said...

Thank you for tagging me; I shall have lots of fun answering your questions. :D :D :D

~Jamie

Rin Handika said...

wow thats cool! :) I love your blog !

Teryn said...

Thanks for tagging me! Can't wait to answer all of these!!

Justine Prabucki said...

Oh gosh I do the I'll hem and alter it sometime later thing also, and on top of that the oh one button is missing, Ill totally sew it back on. So many thrift store buys like that.
Cant wait to answer my questions. Ill be posting them tomorrow! Thanks for nominating me!
Justine
http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

01 09 10