Friday, July 4, 2014

Stars and Stripes (But Mostly Just Stripes)









Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

I'm spending the day out on the lake with my family and friends - these photos were taken a few days ago, but the outfit was just perfect for today! I'll hopefully get some pictures up from tonight soon.

In case you can't tell, red, white, and blue is one of my favorite color combinations. My phone case ($9 from Old Navy!) is a running joke because it always seems to match something I'm wearing...stripes, navy and red, or hearts.

The dress is from the store where I work (as soon as I saw navy stripes and a red belt I just went YEP THAT'S MINE and grabbed it and bought it immediately), the shoes are from Nordstrom, and the bag is Jessica Simpson.  

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback on my last post - I'm getting some ideas of how to diversify my blog a bit, and I would still appreciate help! I've got some exciting things planned that are coming soon!

I hope everyone has a fun, safe Fourth of July! Let's all appreciate the great country we're celebrating. God bless the red, white, and blue!

12 comments:

Hayley Larue said...

This whole outfit is so cute! And I'm dying over the bow in the back of your hair.

meyouandhayleylarue.com

Eleanor Rose said...

Oooh I want your dress! And those pops of red are perfect, especially the cute hairbow.
Elesaurus

Teryn Y. said...

This is absolutely precious, Mda! You and your stripes are a match made in heaven! Also those shoes....*heart eye emoji*!

Kezzie said...

I absolutely love it!!! What gorgeous photos, very good setting for a nautical looking outfit (as well as patriotic!) Wow! x

And ha ha, you didn't have to apologise, I have a pretty good memory so I just didn't think I'd ever read a comment from you! I'm not used to getting visits from cool young American fashion bloggers! x

Nathan Moy said...

This is so sweet of an outfit, way to be patriotic! We united as one! #AMERICANPRIDE 4th of july CHIC! <3 By the way, I just bought the new DIOR COUTURE EMBROIDERED SNEAKERS by Raf Simons! They are guaranteed to be the most provoking footwear I owned till date, please do tell me what you think, you seriously need to check them out! #DIOR

xx The Provoker
http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/07/the-c-word.html

Sampada said...

Aw, love this outfit! That hair bow and those heels really round the look off well!

Hope you had a very happy 4th! :)

sampzandsuch.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Hope you had a great 4th of July! I love your phone case!

~Jamie

Jamie Rose D. said...

This is definitely a perfect outfit for the 4th! I love navy, white, and red too. Those colors just always look good together. I really love your striped dress and those cute red shoes. The bow in your hair is perfect too!

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Anita said...

lovely blog :)
http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, this is so darn adorable. You look fabulous, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xx :)

www.fashboulevard.com

Alexandra Marie said...

That dress is adorable and I LOVE your shoes! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Vivid room said...

Lovely look, great dress!

xo http://vivid-room.com/

01 09 10