Saturday, September 20, 2014

Life in Detail #2













Here's another look into my apartment and a peek at some of the drawings I've been doing!

I really love having an apartment, and being able to decorate something new is always exciting. I wanted to make an inspiration wall to go over my desk. I love the idea of cramming as many things onto a wall as possible - it creates lots of color and interesting things to look at!

I've been learning how to draw my fashion croquis, and feel pretty good about her. The hard part now is being able to draw her really quickly and to have her be more "me." Last week we drew men and children, which was a little difficult, but still fun! As for sewing, I have samples of all sorts of stitches and I made a half-size top with darts and facing - that was so exciting to me. We're making skirts next week! It's our first real project where we pick our own fabric and use our own measurements.

There's also a look into my closet. I don't have it organized by color, I do it by type of clothing. You can see that red, blue, black, and polka dots dominate there! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

8 comments:

Kezzie said...

Love your wall!!!!! So cool!!!!
I also spy a TARDIS!!! I've just ordered the coolest necklace, I'll ve sure to show you when it arrives!!!!
It looks so fun!!! Nice yellow bellies too! X

Arden Rubens (TOPCOAT) said...

Love this space! So much great wall art! xx

TOPCOAT

Ali Hval said...

Aaah! Your drawings are so so lovely. You really do have a talent and I love how your space reflects that so much. :D I think where a person works really tells a lot about what they do and their influences. Thank you for the follow! It's very very nice to meet you, Miss Miranda. :D :D

Jamie said...

The old phone is so cute!

I love your room, it looks very you--classy, girly, and fandomy! XD

~Jamie

Marlen said...

Gah isn't it just the bet getting to decorate a whole apartment? It's so fun to see your personality come out in the things you choose to buy. And lovely drawings :)

xo marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Edyta said...

Awww a lovely room!
Edita
www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

Sampada said...

Loved this tour. That fluffy pillow on the chair is lovely :)

Thanks for the follow! I've been following as well.

sampzandsuch.blogspot.com

Sky Fought said...

Your apartment is so cute!!! I love looking at other people's work spaces, it's such a personal and beautiful thing. Thanks for sharing yours!
awestrucksky.com

01 09 10